These Terms and Conditions, as may be amended from time to time, apply to all our services directly or indirectly made available online, through any mobile device, by email or by telephone. By accessing, browsing and using our website or any of our applications through whatever platform (hereafter collectively referred to as the “website”) and/or by completing a reservation, you acknowledge and agree to have read, understood and agreed to the Terms and Conditions set out below (including the privacy statement).
These pages, the content and infrastructure of these pages, and the online reservation service provided on these pages and through the website are owned, operated and provided by LUXJB.COM and are provided for your personal, non-commercial use only, subject to the Terms and Conditions set out below.
The rental contract (“Agreement”) is a legal agreement between LUXJB LLC, (referred to herein as “LUXJB” or “Host”) and You, the RENTER (referred to herein as“RENTER” or “Guest”). This Agreement is entered into as of the date when the RENTER places the reservation and the LUXJB accepts the reservation. This Agreement applies to RENTER as well as all of RENTER’s associates, vendors, invitees, contractors, and all other persons whatsoever who enter the PROPERTY during the rental period, by, for or at the request of RENTER or due to any acts or omissions by RENTER. Now, therefore, for good and valuable consideration received, the parties agree to the following terms and conditions:
PAYMENT TERMS : 100% due at booking.
***ACCEPTANCE OF RESERVATION AND/OR PAYING THE INVOICE MEAN, RENTER agrees to the terms & conditions published on www.luxjb.com
CANCELLATION POLICY : SUBJECT TO TERMS BELOW.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: As set forth above, RENTER agrees that it will not cause the number of occupants at the PROPERTY during the Rental Term (commencing at the time of Check In and ending at the time of Check Out, as defined above) to exceed five (5) individuals at any time. RENTER further agrees it will not permit visitors during the Rental Term prescribed above. Any violation of these terms, which are material conditions of this Agreement, shall be a basis for immediate termination of this Agreement, and RENTER’s forfeiture of all payments made towards the Rental Fee. By requesting to book the property through any booking platform (e.g., Airbnb, Vrbo), or by paying any invoice from LUXJB RENTER agrees and acknowledges its intent to be bound by the terms of this agreement.
- PAYMENT DUE: RENTER agrees that it will pay the full balance of the Rental Fee (as described above) at the time of booking. If RENTER fails to pay the amount due within this time period, LUXJB may cancel the reservation without notice. LUXJB will have no obligation to return any amounts paid by RENTER.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Should RENTER wish to cancel the booking, notice of cancellation must be in writing (which can be made via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and said notice must be made and received at least 90 days prior to check in date. If cancellation notice is received more than 90 days in advance of arrival date, LUXJB will refund the entire Rental Fee less 10%, which shall constitute a processing fee. If the cancellation notice is received less than 90 days prior to the arrival date, RENTER will forfeit the total Rental Fee and LUXJB will have no obligation to return any amounts paid. LUXJB will also be entitled to any other applicable amounts or charges set forth under this Agreement.
- RESERVATION TRANSFERS: RENTER may not transfer or assign their rights or obligations in this Agreement, and RENTER must be present during the entire Rental Term.
- EARLY DEPARTURE: There are NO REFUNDS for EARLY DEPARTURE.
- WEATHER CONDITIONS, HURRICANES, STORMS, ACTS OF GOD, PANDEMICS, GOVERNMENT ACTIONS, FORCE MAJEURE: RENTER assumes the risks of any and all causes that may require the RENTER to cancel his/her reservation. There are NO REFUNDS for any occurrences whatsoever, whether natural, man-made, or other, including but not limited to, tornadoes, hurricanes, storms or other weather conditions, pandemics, biological outbreaks, any governmental actions of any sort, Acts of God, armed conflicts, or civil disturbances. The list is illustrative only and does not constitute an exhaustive list of occurrences that may cause a renter to cancel. Optional travel insurance is highly recommended for RENTER’S protection through a third-party provider. In the event any occurrence results in the cancellation of the booking by RENTER, LUXJB will not be held responsible for the RENTER’s cancellation nor for the refunding of any payments. LUXJB will also not be held responsible for reimbursement of payments from other services that the RENTER has hired. If any occurrence results in the RENTER being unable to leave the PROPERTY (e.g., due to inclement weather or a government lockdown), RENTER will be charged a minimum of $1,750+tax+fees for each night the RENTER stays at the PROPERTY. However, this shall not constitute a waiver of LUXJB’s right to retake possession of the PROPERTY upon demand.
- TERMINATION OF CONTRACT: RENTER agrees to abide by the Los Angeles City’s SAFER AT HOME (PANDEMIC) ORDER and Home-Sharing Code of Conduct.
LUXJB reserves the right to terminate this Agreement if RENTER or RENTER’s associates, vendors, invitees, contractors, and all other persons whatsoever who enter the PROPERTY during the Rental Term fail to abide by the conditions set forth herein or any law, including, without limitation, any ordinance or governmental order then in effect. In such cases, the RENTER forfeits all Rental Fees. Any disputes arising under this Agreement shall be adjudicated in the jurisdiction where the PROPERTY is located and RENTER shall be liable to LUXJB for any legal fees, court costs, and other expenses associated with enforcing this Agreement or collecting all fees and expenses arising hereunder.
RENTER acknowledges that should LUXJB have reason to believe that the terms of this Agreement are being violated or that any unlawful conduct is occurring at the PROPERTY, RENTER acknowledges that LUXJB has the right to immediately enter and inspect the PROPERTY at any time during RENTER’s stay. Furthermore, LUXJB reserves the right to deploy its representatives or a Patrol officer to enforce the terms of this Agreement, and issue warnings, fines and demand the RENTERS vacate the PROPERTY if warranted.
RENTER agrees that use of PROPERTY for any unlawful purpose including but not limited to the possession, serving, or consumption of alcoholic beverages by persons less than 21 years of age, parties, gatherings and other events conflicting with the provisions of this Agreement are prohibited and constitute a breach of this Agreement.
RENTER shall be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising from the breach of this Agreement, including, without limitation, economic damages or lost profit.
Should RENTER or any other occupants violate the terms of this Agreement, RENTER agrees to vacate the PROPERTY immediately upon demand. RENTER also agrees that a refusal to vacate the PROPERTY constitutes trespassing and that LUXJB’s representatives and local law enforcement agencies may enter the PROPERTY and remove RENTER, all occupants, and their belongings from PROPERTY. In such case, RENTER forfeits all monies paid. In addition, LUXJB may impose fines in the amount of the damage incurred, and such fines may be applied against the Security Deposit, without limiting LUXJB’s right to collect any additional damages from RENTER.
Any termination of this Agreement shall not affect or constitute a waiver of LUXJB’s rights or RENTER’s obligations hereunder or any damages to the PROPERTY nor LUXJB’s rights to recover any damages or pursue any legal claims as described herein, all which shall survive any termination of this Agreement. Unless otherwise specified herein, in the event of termination LUXJB shall be entitled to keep the full amount of any payment made for accommodation at the PROPERTY (regardless whether the Rental Term has expired) in addition to any other rights or remedies prescribed hereunder.
- SUBLETTING: RENTER is not authorized to let or sublet any part or all of the PROPERTY nor assign any rights in this Agreement. Any assignment or subletting shall constitute a breach of this Agreement.
- SECURITY DEPOSIT: Provided that there are no damages associated with or arising out of RENTER’s stay at the PROPERTY, or any breaches or violations of this Agreement, RENTER’s Security Deposit will be refunded following an adequate opportunity by LUXJB to inspect the PROPERTY. RENTER agrees that the Security Deposit may be used to cover any additional cleaning costs that may be required as a result of RENTER’s stay at the PROPERTY as well any repairs to the PROPERTY or any damage (e.g., scratches, stains on the walls or furniture, damage to tables, inoperative sinks, etc.) caused by RENTER or any of their associates, vendors, invitees, contractors, or other persons who enter the PROPERTY during the Rental Term. Should any personal property be missing from the PROPERTY following the Rental Term, RENTER agrees that the full replacement cost for such items will be deducted from RENTER’s Security Deposit and any remaining balance may be pursued directly against RENTER and charged against RENTER’s payment method on file with LUXJB.
Depending on RENTER’s card issuer’s policies and the manner of payment, it may take up to 14 business days for the refund to be reflected in RENTER’s card balance. For AMEX or NON-US credit cards, refund transaction fees may apply. If RENTER chooses to pay the Security Deposit with AMERICAN EXPRESS Cards, a 3% credit card transaction fee will not be refunded.
- DAMAGES: RENTER agrees to keep all aspects of the PROPERTY, including the house, furniture and furnishings in good working order and clean condition. Removing, adding or changing furniture without LUXJB’s written approval shall be deemed a material breach of this Agreement, and is strictly prohibited. RENTER is responsible for the full replacement cost of any furniture damaged on the PROPERTY and replacement of missing items. Under no circumstances can any furnishing be taken outside the PROPERTY (including into the garage). All furniture must be returned to its original location on RENTER’s departure. RENTER will be charged for any missing items reasonably attributable to RENTER and not returned after notification.
RENTER shall be liable for any physical damage, legal action, and/or loss of reputation or business opportunities that LUXJB may incur as a consequence of the actions of RENTER or RENTER’s associates, vendors, visitors, contractors, and all other persons whatsoever who enter the PROPERTY during the Rental Term, including while RENTER is occupying or in possession of the PROPERTY, and agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold LUXJB harmless from any costs, claims or damages arising therefrom. RENTER shall also be liable for all special, indirect, incidental, consequential and punitive damages arising from any breach of this Agreement, tort or other conduct relating to the PROPERTY during the Rental Term or otherwise caused by or relating to this Agreement or RENTER’s obligations hereunder.
If, as a result of RENTER’S damage to the PROPERTY, LUXJB has to cancel future reservations and/or is unable to accommodate future renters, RENTER shall be liable forany damages and lost profits to LUXJB associated therewith. Until all repairs are completed, RENTER agrees it will be charged $1,750+tax+fees for each day until thePROPERTY is repaired and in its former condition and ready to accommodate new renters. If alternative accommodations are required for renters that previously booked the PROPERTY for use and cannot use the PROPERTY as a result of repairs required or damage to the PROPERTY, which may be determined at the sole discretion of LUXJB, RENTER agrees it will be liable and charged for the cost of securing alternative accommodations for those renters of equal value to the PROPERTY.
RENTER is not permitted to do any of the following while on the PROPERTY during the Rental Term: use any glitter, confetti, silly string, feather boas (scarves with feathers) or rice which might result in substantial clean-up or damage any appliances, electrical systems or cause damage to the PROPERTY. RENTER is further not permitted to store any weapons on the PROPERTY, or engage in the use of staple guns, duct tape, masking tape, packing tape or any item that would cause damage to the walls, windows or paint on the PROPERTY. RENTER IS ALSO NOT PERMITTED TO USE CANDLES OR ANYTHING WITH AN OPEN FLAME ON THE PROPERTY. (Excepting any stoves and BBQs delivered with possession of the property).
As unpleasant odors may affect the comfort of future renters and LUXJB’s ability to market the PROPERTY, RENTER agrees it will be liable for any unpleasant smell resulting from RENTER’s stay. In particular, RENTER must turn the hood vent on every time they cook. The Security Deposit may be charged for the cost of remediating any unpleasant cooking odor or bad smell remaining on the PROPERTY at the time of check-out.
PAYMENT OF DAMAGES: In the event of any damages, LUXJB is hereby authorized to charge RENTER for the cost of the damages, by using the RENTER’s credit card or payment method on file with LUXJB.
- RENTER’S NOTIFICATION RESPONSIBILITIES: Upon arrival, RENTER agrees to examine the PROPERTY, and all furniture, furnishings, appliances, fixtures, and landscaping, if any, and shall immediately report within 2 hours of arrival any issues to LUXJB. If any items in the home are not in operating condition or in disrepair that should also be reported within 2 hours of RENTER’s arrival to the PROPERTY to LUXJB. Should RENTER fail to report any condition, it will be determined that the PROPERTY and all items thereon are in good working condition upon RENTER taking possession. RENTER also agrees to address any housekeeping concerns at time of check-in. Failure to do so will release LUXJB from any responsibility in addressing these concerns during RENTER’s stay. RENTER agrees to immediately notify LUXJB of any occurrence of damage to the PROPERTY or adjacent properties and to take reasonable measures to mitigate all damage.
RENTER is not permitted to hire any company or person to repair any item of damage unless RENTER receives prior approval in writing from LUXJB. Hiring a person or company to repair damages without LUXJB’s permission is grounds for immediate termination of the Agreement without return of the Rental Fee and the security deposit.
- ALTERATIONS: RENTER is not permitted to alter or install any improvements in the PROPERTY which may cause, without limitation, any holes in any walls, floors or ceilings. Further, RENTER can only move furniture weighing more than 20 (twenty) pounds with LUXJB’s prior written consent.
- ALCOHOL AND ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES: RENTER is solely responsible for any alcohol consumed at the PROPERTY. All inebriated guests may only leave if a sober guest, taxi or ride share is driving them. Additionally, no alcohol served during the RENTER’s event is to be consumed outside of the PROPERTY. Inebriated guests shall never be served alcohol. No illegal substances are allowed at the PROPERTY. If found to be present, RENTER will be asked to dispose of them immediately. Failure to cooperate willresult in immediate termination of the Agreement.
- CHECK IN AND CHECK OUT POLICY: Unless a different time is agreed to by LUXJB, Check-in shall be at 4:00 pm and Check-out shall be at 10:00 am. RENTER shall notify LUXJB if they anticipate check in will occur after 4:00 pm or check out will be earlier than 10:00 am.
LUXJB executive meets and greets RENTER at check in. CHECK IN will be administered as follows:
- A walkthrough is required at check in together by LUXJB and RENTER.
- ALL OCCUPANTS MUST WEAR MASKS DURING THE CHECK-IN and CHECK-OUT WALKTHROUGHS.
- The reservation holder must be present upon check-in to take receipt of keys.
- PICTURE ID: Passport or Driver’s License will be required at check in. The name on RENTERS’ ID must match the name on RENTER’s reservation.
- Any reservation found to be obtained under false pretense will not be permitted to check-in.
- In the rare event the PROPERTY is not ready for check-in by 4:00 PM for reasons including but not limited to damages caused by prior RENTERS, LUXJB will advise RENTER at check-in time, however, no refunds will be issued.
- Please do not attempt to check-in or visit the home prior to notification that the home has been cleared for check-in.
CHECK OUT: Check-out is at 10:00 AM. Disregarding check out time may result in the application of charges against the security deposit. A $500 fee will be charged for each hour (or portion thereof) past the required check-out time and RENTER will be liable for any additional damages incurred, including, but not limited to, the cost of supplying alternative accommodations for arriving renters.
Checkout must be done together by LUXJB and RENTER. RENTER to leave the PROPERTY in the same condition it was in at the time of check-in. Meaning:
- PROPERTY to be surrendered by RENTER in broom-clean condition, free of any debris, rubbish, and trash, which shall have all been discarded from the home at the time of check-out.
- Refrigerator and PROPERTY should be left clean and free of perishable food.
- Security deposit may not be refunded if there is unpleasant cooking odor or bad smell at the check-out.
- All dishes and countertops should be left clean.
- Renter must restore furniture and any other items to their original position.
- All remote controls are to be left in plain sight.
- Renter must turn-off lights, A/C, appliances, etc.
- All doors and windows must be closed and locked.
- RENTER must leave keys, garage openers, and/or parking passes on the kitchen counter.
A check-out cleaning fee will be included in RENTER’s final invoice which shall cover a standard cleaning only. If the PROPERTY is left in poor condition and additional housekeeping is required, additional cleaning fees will be charged to RENTER’s credit card on file at the rate of $250 per hour of time required to complete the clean-up.
- EARLY CHECK IN: Check in is at 4 pm, Checkout is at 10:00 AM. RENTER must check out promptly, as the cleaning crews have a very short time window to prepare the house for new RENTERS. “Un-scheduled” late checkouts not only affect this PROPERTY, but other LUXJB properties, booking calendars, housekeeping schedules and future RENTERS reservations.
If check in is after 6pm, RENTER will be charged a $250 late check in fee. The latest check in can be at 8pm.
Early check-in requests cannot be guaranteed and must be pre-approved in writing by LUXJB. If RENTER would like to check in earlier than 4 pm or check out after 10 am, depending on PROPERTY’s availability LUXJB can grant RENTER’s request with an additional fee. (LUXJB will confirm cost upon request). This will be required to take place after RENTER’S initial booking. To secure a late checkout or early check in, RENTER must notify and send LUXJB an e-mail immediately after booking, for LUXJB to modify the reservation.
If RENTER is not present when cleaning crews arrive and have left their possessions in the house, cleaning crews will collect their possessions and remove them from the PROPERTY in order to prepare the unit for incoming RENTERS and RENTER will be charged $150 for this service. RENTER agrees that LUXJB shall have no liability for any items of personal property left in the PROPERTY upon or following check-out or in the event that any such items are lost or discarded by any cleaning crew.
- PARTIES, EVENTS, MEETINGS ARE NOT ALLOWED: RENTER must be at least 25 years of age to book this PROPERTY. Prom parties, fraternity or sorority parties and graduation parties are not allowed at any time on the PROPERTY. Any special occasions such as cocktail parties, engagement parties, meetings, conferences, workshops, soft events, receptions, family reunions or which may result in an increase in occupants beyond the occupancy limits prescribed herein must be disclosed at the time the reservation is made and is subject to LUXJB’s advance written approval. Any special occasion, gathering, or event conducted on the PROPERTY without LUXJB’s prior written permission is grounds for immediate termination of the Agreement without refund for the remaining rental days. If RENTER seeks permission to conduct a gathering as specified herein and it is approved by LUXJB, LUXJB reserves the right to demand that the Security Deposit be increased to $10,000 as a condition of approval and the right to charge an increased Rental Fee. If LUXJB learns that a gathering as specified herein was conducted without LUXJB’s prior written permission, RENTER agrees it will be charged an additional $5,000 event fee for each 2 hour increment any event or group gathering was held on the PROPERTY without permission.
- PHOTO / VIDEO SHOOTING IS NOT ALLOWED: RENTER may not use any part of the PROPERTY, including, without limitation, the house, gardens, garage, or street for the purpose of having a video or a photo shoot, without the prior knowledge of LUXJB and written permission prior to booking. Any video or photo shoot conducted without LUXJB’s prior written permission is grounds for immediate termination of the Rental Agreement without refund for the remaining rental days. Renter will also be charged three times of the amount of the booking total for every day that any unpermitted photoshoot or video shoot is held. If RENTER seeks permission to conduct a shoot as specified herein and it is approved by LUXJB, LUXJB reserves the right to demand that the Security Deposit be increased to $20,000 as a condition of approval and the right to charge an increased Rental Fee.
- CATERERS, PRIVATE CHEFS, VENDORS ARE NOT ALLOWED: LUXJB offers IN HOUSE PRIVATE CHEF, CATERING and VALET services and provides full Guest and Concierge services. RENTER agrees to fulfill any additional service requests including but not limited to housekeeping, rental equipment, private chef, catering, and valet services via LUXJB and not to permit any third parties onto the PROPERTY for purposes of providing these services.
Should RENTER wish to use his/her own vendors, these must be pre-approved in writing by LUXJB. In no case should RENTER have CHEFS, CATERERS or vendors that were not pre-approved by LUXJB at the PROPERTY. Hiring any third party persons or companies for these services not through LUXJB or without LUXJB’s prior written permission are grounds for immediate termination of the Agreement.
- NOISE ORDINANCE: This rental agreement includes a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for all noise related disturbances including but not limited to unauthorized parties, gatherings, and/or other events.
RENTER and other occupants shall obey the LOS ANGELES CITY STR ORDINANCE and the “Good Neighbor” policy meaning that they shall not create any disturbances disruptive to the quiet enjoyment of the PROPERTY’s neighbors. Violations of the terms of this provision will result in immediate termination of the Agreement and the forfeiture of the entire Rental Fee and the security deposit, without waiving LUXJB’s rights to pursue such other damages that may result from a violation of this provision.
LOS ANGELES CITY Quiet Hours start at 10:00 PM, and outdoor noise or noise carrying outside from inside the home should be kept to a minimum regardless of the hour, and in compliance with the local Noise Ordinance.
All outdoor and indoor speaker systems have been disabled in compliance with the Los Angeles City Ordinance.
IF RENTER VIOLATES VISITORS POLICY or EXCEEDS MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY or ANY NOISE DISTURBANCE IS REPORTED, LUXJB shall terminate the reservation and DISPATCH A SECURITY GUARD OR ITS EXECUTIVES TO THE PROPERTY, without issuing a warning, to enforce the terms of this provision.
RENTER also acknowledges and accepts that if any noise disturbance, loitering, public disturbance, act(s) of violence, un-permitted or unauthorized events, gatherings, or parties occurs at the PROPERTY, LUXJB may immediately terminate this Agreement with RENTER. RENTER also agrees to forfeit the Rental Fee and security deposit and authorizes LUXJB to charge RENTER a minimum of $20,000 (twenty thousand) per incident, in addition to any out-of-pocket costs charged to LUXJB as a result of such events or occurrences, which will be charged to RENTER’s credit card or payment method on file by LUXJB. LUXJB also reserves the right to immediately terminate the reservation without issuing a warning.
- NOISE DISTURBANCES WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AND WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE EVICTION of RENTER(S).
- NO MUSIC IS ALLOWED OUTDOORS, AT ANYTIME OF THE DAY.
- PORTABLE SPEAKERS OF ANY KIND ARE NOT ALLOWED.
- LOW VOICES AFTER 10 PM.
- NOISEAWARE SYSTEM PROPERTY: When NoiseAware believes that LUXJB’s PROPERTY is at risk of having a noise complaint or issue, LUXJB receive alerts if the volume reported by a sensor exceeds the set threshold. An alert message will be sent to RENTER, regardless of the volume reported by that sensor.
- NOISE TRANSMISSION: Insulation varies from property to property. RENTER is aware that if PROPERTY is in a high-density neighborhood, it is therefore subject to noise from nearby residences, businesses and general traffic. Nearby construction could also affect RENTER’s stay. RENTER acknowledges that noise may travel in between properties such as neighbor homes. No refund will be issued for disturbances caused to RENTER by noise transmissions as described in this section.
- MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: The maximum number of people (Including children) allowed to occupy the PROPERTY is restricted to the number in RENTER’s reservation. LUXJB reserves the right to immediately terminate the reservation if the number of people at the PROPERTY exceeds the limits provided in RENTER’s reservation. LUXJB reserves the right to enter the PROPERTY to check the number of people at any time without prior notice.
THE GUEST HOUSE (VILLA PASHA): Sixth bedroom is in the GUEST HOUSE. RENTER is not allowed to enter or use the GUEST HOUSE unless pre-approved by LUXJB. Additional fees may apply.
- TRANSIENT OCCUPANCY: RENTER expressly acknowledges and agrees that this Agreement is for transient occupancy of the PROPERTY, and that RENTER does not intend to make the PROPERTY a residence or household.
- ADDITIONAL OCCUPANTS: The Rental Fee quoted to RENTER was based on the number of occupants set forth in the reservation. Accordingly, RENTER acknowledges that any increase in the number of occupants is to be communicated to LUXJB, and, upon LUXJB’s approval, may result in an increase in the booking amount. RENTER agrees that LUXJB or LUXJB’s representatives may enter PROPERTY at any time without consent of RENTER to check that RENTER is in compliance with the maximum occupancy limit. RENTER understands and agrees that the PROPERTY shall be occupied by no more than the number of individuals indicated in this rental agreement (page 1) unless pre-approved in writing by LUXJB.
If RENTER exceeds occupancy limits without LUXJB’S prior approval, for each unauthorized person, RENTER authorizes LUXJB to charge to RENTER’s credit card or payment method on file a minimum fee of $1,000 per person/per day. Occupancy limits extend to and include visitors and children.
ANYONE WHOSE NAME IS NOT WRITTEN ON THE GUEST LIST IN THIS AGREEMENT, IS NOT ALLOWED TO ENTER THE PROPERTY AND WILL BE ESCORTED OUT IMMEDIATELY. LUXJB also reserves the right to expel the entire party with no refund.
If RENTER violates visitors policy, LUXJB shall terminate the reservation and DISPATCH A SECURITY GUARD OR ITS EXECUTIVES TO THE PROPERTY, without issuing a warning, to enforce the terms of this provision.
- VISITORS: RENTER is not allowed to invite any visitors unless pre-approved by LUXJB. Violations may result in immediate eviction without refund for the remaining rental days in addition to other damages.
RENTER must have LUXJB’s prior approval in writing for any visitors. IF RENTER violates this policy, for each unauthorized person, RENTER authorizes LUXJB to charge to RENTER’s credit card or payment method on file a minimum fee of
$1,000 per person/per day.
IF PERMITTED, DAY/EVENING VISITORS ARE LIMITED TO 2 (TWO) PERSONS AND MUST VACATE THE PROPERTY BY 8pm.
All visitors must entertain in a reasonable manner and in accordance with the “Good Neighbor” policy and the City Ordinance.
- RENTERS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO USE LIVING ROOM SOFA FOR SLEEPING as an additional bed.
- SECURITY CAMERAS: RENTER acknowledges that security cameras monitor the PROPERTY. These cameras are used to protect the PROPERTY from potential break-ins and theft. By signing this rental agreement, RENTER acknowledges and agrees to the presence of security cameras located at the PROPERTY as well as devices for monitoring excessive noise and capacity inside the home. (NOISEAWARE). Tampering or disabling these devices constitutes breach of contract and immediate termination of this agreement. RENTER acknowledges that should LUXJB form reasonable suspicion that the terms of this agreement are being violated; LUXJB has the right to immediately inspect the PROPERTY at any time during RENTER’s stay. In addition, LUXJB may impose fines for any damages to the PROPERTY associated with tampering with these devices.
- SECURITY AND ALARM SYSTEM: Alarm systems may not be available, and it is RENTER’s responsibility to ask LUXJB whether PROPERTY is equipped with an alarm system. Furthermore, RENTER shall take steps to ensure their own security, the security of their personal property, and the security of the PROPERTY by locking doors, windows, garage doors, etc. when it’s prudent to do so, including when all occupants are absent and at time of checkout. LUXJB shall not be responsible for any lost, stolen or missing PROPERTY of the RENTER and RENTER’s associates, vendors, invitees, visitors, contractors, and all other persons whatsoever who enter the PROPERTY during the rental period, while RENTER is in control of the PROPERTY.
- USE OF MOVIE ROOM (VILLA PASHA and MARGAUX): Any damages, scratches, and stains on leather sofas or carpet will be deducted from RENTER’s security deposit. Additional cleaning fees may apply.
- Renter must not leave food and beverages with unpleasant odor in movie room; failure to do so may result in extra cleaning fees, which will be deducted from RENTER’s Security Deposit.
- Children must be supervised at all times in the movie room.
- BILLIARD (POOL) TABLE USE (VILLA JAVU, PASHA and MARGAUX): Any damage on the billiard (pool) table, including minor scratches or stains on felt, will result in a deduction from RENTER’s security deposit and, if the cost of such repairs exceed the Security Deposit, will result in further charges to RENTER. RENTER shall treat the table with care.
- RENTER agrees that children (ages 0 to 17) will not be permitted to use the table and its equipment. (Chalk, Cue tips, Balls)
- RENTER will keep Billiard (pool) table covered at all times while not in use with the nylon cover provided.
- Food and beverages are to be kept as far away from the table as possible.
- RENTER must take off watch and jewelry with sharper edges like rings or bracelet when using the table.
- RENTER must not utilize excessive amounts of chalk on the tip of the cue and always keep it clean.
- GYM and FITNESS EQUIPMENT USE: Anyone using the gym and fitness equipment must be at least 18 years old. Persons using GYM and FITNESS area do so at their own risk and LUXJB assumes no responsibility for accidents or injury. RENTER will defend, indemnify and hold HOMEOWNERS and LUXJB harmless from any and all bodily injury and/or property damage incurred at the PROPERTY arising out of RENTER’s or anyone else’s use or misuse of the gym or fitness equipment as well as RENTER’s intentional or negligent acts or omissions.
- USE OF BARBECUE, OUTDOOR GRILL (VILLA BOND, MARGAUX, JAVU, PASHA and VILLA FENDI): RENTER shall seek permission from LUXJB at time of reservation if RENTER seeks to use the outdoor grill. BBQ usage is extra, and cost is: $150/per stay. (Including grill cleaning fee)
- Grill use is allowed between the hours of 8 am and 10 pm.
- RENTER must clean up after use of the grill and keep the grill clean. If found left dirty and requires extra cleaning, an extra cleaning fee will be charged to RENTER’s Security Deposit and/or credit card on file.
- RENTER is to make sure that all the knobs are in the off position before leaving the area.
- RENTER must not leave the barbecue unattended.
- RENTER must not leave children and infants unattended next to a hot barbecue.
- RENTER must keep combustible materials away from the barbecue.
- RENTER should not touch the cooking grate or barbecue to see if it’s hot.
- To prevent food from sticking to the barbecue grilling grates, RENTER must use a nonstick food spray on them.
- KEYS and GARAGE REMOTES: Lost keys or garage, gate door remotes will incur replacement costs of $250. (Each). RENTER must always keep gate and garage doors CLOSED.
- NON-SMOKING/VAPING PROPERTY: No smoking or vaping is allowed at the PROPERTY (INSIDE OR OUTSIDE).
This Agreement will be terminated and a deep cleaning fee will be deducted from RENTER’s security deposit in addition to any other charges which might be necessary to remediate any damage as a result of a violation of this section. Evidence of smoking or vaping including the smell of cigarette or cigar smoke inside the home by the cleaning crew shall constitute grounds to charge the RENTER for smoke cleanup and removal from carpeting, A/C ducts and filters and furniture. If smoking occurs at the PROPERTY during RENTER’s stay, the Agreement may be terminated with RENTER removed from the PROPERTY immediately and RENTER will be held responsible for all damages caused by smoking including, but not limited to, stains, burns, odor(s) remediation and removal of debris.
- PET POLICY: NO PETS and/or ANIMALS ALLOWED. If RENTER and/or RENTER’s associates, vendors, invitees, contractors, and all other persons whatsoever who enter the PROPERTY during the rental period bring a pet(s), this rental Agreement will be terminated and RENTER will be held responsible for any and all damage and remediation caused by pet(s), including pet allergen remediation, flea remediation and reimbursement to LUXJB for any refunds necessary to compensate affected future occupants.
- PARKING: PARKING IS LIMITED TO TWO CARS. Parking arrangements must be made in advance for RENTER’s vehicles. RENTER must use the assigned space(s) only. Parking in any other space (such as the sidewalks) on the PROPERTY will result in vehicle being towed at RENTER’s expense. RENTER and/or RENTER’s associates, vendors, invitees, contractors, and all other persons whatsoever who enter the PROPERTY during the rental period must not block the sidewalk, neighbor’s driveways, or congregate in front of their homes. BLOCKING SIDEWALKS or disregarding parking rules will result in termination of the Agreement and an additional $500 fine per occurrence, in addition to any other charges that may result from the violation.
- POOL, SPA USE and HEATING: Pool and spa heating fees must be paid for at the time of booking and RENTER must give 48 hours advance notice PRIOR TO CHECK IN.
- Pool and spa heating cost is extra: $150 per day.
- Hours of heating are as follows: POOL: 8am to 10pm. SPA: 5pm to 7pm.
- Spa pump/heaters can run maximum 2 hours/per day.
- Heat pump cannot heat the pool and spa simultaneously. When the pump and heaters are on pool mode, spa water temperature will be same as pool water temperature (or cooler)
- For safety purposes, use of pool/spa is not allowed after 10pm.
Pool and spa heating service may not be available during rainy days and extreme weather conditions including, but not limited to, storms, extreme wind and cold.
RENTER agrees not to tamper with pool heat controls, filters or manipulate heater in any way. RENTER also understands and agrees to be responsible and pay LUXJB upon request for any damages that occur to the pool and spa and its support equipment through misuse and/ or negligence.
POOL and SPA RULES: Factory-set temperature maximum of 99°F for spa/hot tub and 88°F degrees for pool.
- Swim at your own risk. No lifeguard on duty.
- Pool heat shall not exceed 88; spa shall not exceed 99 degrees. Higher temperatures may cause health issues.
- No jumping or diving. Shallow pool.
- Spa is not for swimming.
- Renter must not allow children to jump in or swim in the heated spa.
- Renter must observe reasonable time limits (10 to 15 minutes) and enter and exit the spa slowly in case of dizziness or to prevent falls.
- Spas are dangerous for young children, who can easily drown or become overheated in them.
- Parents and caregivers should never, even for a moment, leave children alone near the pool or spa.
- Renter must not allow anyone to run or play while in or near the spa and pool.
- Renter must not use spa and pool during extreme weather conditions (rain, storm, extreme wind & etc.)
- People with open sores or any type of infection should not use the spa or pool.
- If occupants (RENTERS) have been drinking alcohol, taking meds, have high or low blood pressure, or any other medical condition, they must not enter spa.
- Pools and spa are for use by the number of people authorized in this Rental Agreement only.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK: Persons using the pool, spa, and hot tub do so at their own risk and LUXJB assumes no responsibility for accident or injury. No one should swim alone. RENTER will defend, indemnify and hold HOMEOWNERS and LUXJB harmless from any and all bodily injury at the PROPERTY arising out of any use or misuse of the Pool and Spa.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY: The spa, hot tub, Jacuzzi, whirlpool, and pool are referred to herein collectively as “Special Features”. If so equipped, it is the RENTER’s responsibility to read and learn about all security precautions, warning signs, and security procedures concerning swimming in or being around the Special Features. RENTER understands that the areas surrounding the Special Features are not fenced in or secure, and there are special risks that may be involved for anyone, and in particular children, who are not carefully supervised, person(s) intoxicated, person(s) on any kinds of drugs or medication, with health risks, or if pregnant. RENTER agrees to explain the risks of the presence and use of the Special Features to all guests at the PROPERTY. RENTER agrees to instruct all guests at the PROPERTY not to access any off-limit, or unsafe sections of the PROPERTY including rooftops. RENTER agrees to assume all responsibility for RENTER and other guests for the consequences of those risks and to be fully and solely responsible for any accidents that may occur. RENTER agrees to waive any claim whatsoever against Homeowner or LUXJB for accidents or claims related to any use of the Special Features and to fully indemnify and hold Homeowner and LUXJB harmless from and against any claims arising out of injuries resulting from use or presence of any spa, hot tub, Jacuzzi, whirlpool, pool, or other body of water or Special Features at the PROPERTY.
- POOL and SPA CLEANING, TECHNICIANS, GARDENERS: Pool and spa filters turn on automatically every
If RENTER notices anything unusual with the pool or spa (temperature, water color), RENTER must not touch pool valves, filters or control board and shall inform LUXJB immediately.
The pool technicians come Mondays and depending on the property, gardeners come on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. RENTER acknowledges that pool technicians and gardeners can enter the pool area through the front yard doors without any advance notice. They work up to 30 minutes. RENTER must allow them to do theirjob. Not abiding by these policies may incur additional fees or withholding of RENTER’s security deposit.
- CLEANING POLICY: A cleaning service to clean the house on RENTER’s departure is included in RENTER’s invoice. RENTER is responsible that all debris, rubbish and discards are placed in plastic bags and transferred to the large trashcans by the road, and soiled dishes and cooking utensils are placed in the dishwasher and cleaned. The PROPERTY will be inspected, sanitized and cleaned prior to RENTER’s arrival and after RENTER’s departure. The cleaning fee is for a standard cleaning only. If the home is left in poor condition and additional housekeeping is required, additional cleaning fees will be charged to RENTER’s credit card on file at the rate of $250 per hour.
- DAILY MAID AND HOUSE KEEPING SERVICES: There is no daily cleaning/maid service, but it is available at an additional cost. The cleaning team does not iron or cook. Hiring a person or company to clean the house without permission by LUXJB is grounds for immediate termination of this Agreement.
- MANDATORY MID-STAY CLEANING: Additional fees (fees vary depending on the PROPERTY, up to $650) will be charged per cleaning and it is mandatory for stays of 5 days or more (CLEANING TO OCCUR AT MINUMUM EVERY five (5) DAYS). Mandatory Cleaning Service days will be scheduled prior to RENTER’S arrival by LUXJB.
- GARBAGE/TRASH: Place all trash in the dumpster which is located at the far end of the right yard (towards the entrance) in the designated area.
- AMENITIES: Linens, pillows, bedspreads, hair dryers, comforters and towels are provided for use. The home is provided with a starter set of shampoos, soaps, trash bags, detergents, toilet paper and paper towels. LUXJB does not guarantee that these extra items will always be available, and RENTER may need to replenish their own paper goods, toiletries, and laundry detergent, etc. Since a limited supply is provided, RENTER should plan to replenish these items if necessary, and based on the length of the Rental Term. LUXJB assumes no responsibility for the quality or contents of any food products left at the PROPERTY and RENTER’s use and/or consumption of same is not recommended and shall be at RENTER’s own risk(s). The PROPERTY is fully furnished, and includes ready-made beds, one set of towels per occupant and an equipped kitchen. PROPERTY is equipped with washer and dryer for RENTER’s convenience. Towels and linens are not to be taken from PROPERTY and fees will be enforced due to any lost or missing items. In addition, as opposed to a hotel room, vacation rentals typically have more square footage, bedrooms, mechanical systems, appliances, and electronics. Because of this, there is a much greater chance that something may need attention during RENTER’s stay. In the event, something does need LUXJB’s attention, LUXJB will take commercially reasonable efforts to resolve the situation; however, no refunds will be issued malfunctioning mechanical systems, appliances or electronics. RENTER acknowledges that furnishings and amenities are not new and may exhibit signs of wear and tear. Amenities and furnishings are subject to change and may or may not be the exact same as represented online. LUXJB reserves the right to make substitutions at its sole discretion.
- SYSTEMS, FURNISHING AND AMENITY FAILURES: In the event the PROPERTY experiences a system failure, including but not limited to water, sewer, septic, electrical, gas, plumbing, mechanical, appliances, heat pump, ventilating, pool, hot tub or other system or structural systems, furnishings or amenities, LUXJB will make commercially reasonable efforts to repair or replace the failed system or equipment, and in such event, RENTER agrees to grant LUXJB or its service provider access to the PROPERTY to inspect and make such repairs. Neither the PROPERTY Homeowner nor LUXJB shall be liable to RENTER for damages associated with any such failure, nor will any refunds be issued for such failures.
- UTILITIES: California experiences extreme droughts. Accordingly, RENTER shall TURN OFF all electronic devices, lights, and air conditioning systems every time RENTER leaves the PROPERTY.
- Overuse of fireplaces and A/C will be charged to RENTER’s security deposit.
- RENTERS shall keep all windows and doors shut to help conserve energy when using A/C.
- Renter should not leave fireplaces unattended and must turn them off every time RENTER leaves the room or patio.
- AIR CONDITIONING AND HEATING: PROPERTY is equipped with air conditioning. RENTER agrees that air conditioning shall not be set below 72 degrees (COOL) and heat shall not be set above 77 (HEAT), and that the fan setting shall be set on “Auto”. No refunds will be issued for lack of or malfunctioning HVAC units.
- PERSONAL PROPERTY: RENTER understands that any personal property belonging to or used by RENTER is not insured by LUXJB. LUXJB shall not be responsible for any lost, stolen or missing property of the RENTER and RENTER’s associates, vendors, invitees, visitors, contractors, and all other persons whatsoever who enter the PROPERTY during the rental period. LUXJB shall also bear no responsibility for lost, stolen or abandoned items. Every reasonable effort will be made to contact the RENTER for return of items. A $50 handling fee plus shipping costs for any found items returned at RENTER’s request will be charged. LUXJB shall not be held liable for condition of said items. Any items not claimed for longer than 15 days shall become the property of LUXJB, and may be donated or otherwise discarded by LUXJB at its sole discretion.
- LUXJB’S PROPERTY: RENTER agrees not to access the LUXJB’s storage area, even if unlocked, which contains homeowner’s personal PROPERTY and may contain cleaning supplies and chemicals that could be hazardous to children and adults.
- CONDITION OF PROPERTY: LUXJB has, to the best of its ability, given an accurate description of the PROPERTY and its condition. RENTER understands that it is considered as reserved “sight unseen”. LUXJB cleaning staff will have cleaned it before RENTER’s occupancy. All electrical, plumbing and appliances should be in working order. The failures of operation of certain amenities, such as TV or the Internet and Wi-Fi service are not a basis for any refund. LUXJB will make every effort to have these items repaired but does not guarantee that they will be repaired during RENTER’s occupancy. When RENTER arrives, if RENTER finds that the PROPERTY has not been cleaned to normal standards RENTER shall notify LUXJB immediately. LUXJB will make commercially reasonable efforts to have tradesmen attend to the problems but may not be able to fix everything over holidays and weekends. Under no circumstances will the Rental Fee be refunded or returned because of the condition of the house. The RENTER agrees to hold LUXJB harmless from any liability for the condition of the house. If for any reason, the PROPERTY is not available or becomes unavailable or uninhabitable for the reservation dates, every effort will be made by LUXJB to locate substitute accommodations. If the substituted Property rents for more during the same period, or remaining period respectively, RENTER may be asked to pay such difference in charges. However, if the substitute Property rents for less for the same period, the difference will be refunded to RENTER.
- CHILD PROOFING: RENTER understands that no special efforts have been made to “childproof” the PROPERTY and accept the risk of harm to any children who attend the PROPERTY. These risks include, but are not limited to, risks associated with access to the pool, spa, adjacent street, plants in the house and cleaning supplies in the house, patio and on the street that might be poisonous if ingested.
- FIRE EXTINGUISHER: The PROPERTY is equipped with a minimum of one (1) fire extinguisher. It is the duty of the RENTER to locate the fire extinguisher, notify all occupants and guests of its location, and to inform LUXJB immediately should the fire extinguisher be missing, or be less or become less than fully charged.
- SMOKE AND CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTORS: The PROPERTY is equipped with smoke detectors and a carbon monoxide detector. RENTER will notify LUXJB without delay if detectors are missing, uninstalled, “beeping” or otherwise appear to be inoperative.
- ENTRY TO THE PROPERTY: RENTER agrees that if the conditions and limitations set forth herein are not met, LUXJB shall have the right to terminate this Agreement and remove RENTER from the PROPERTY. LUXJB and its representatives may enter the PROPERTY at any time without permission of RENTER. If RENTER abandons or vacates PROPERTY, LUXJB may, at its option, terminate this Agreement, re-enter the PROPERTY and remove all RENTER’s property.
- LIABILITY: By signing this Agreement, RENTER agrees that HOMEOWNERS, LUXJB and LUXJB’s employees and representatives shall not be liable for any accidents or injuries that occur at the PROPERTY and that prior to taking possession RENTER will perform a visual inspection of the PROPERTY and bring to LUXJB’s attention any conditions requiring attention. RENTER assumes full responsibility and liability for RENTER’s associates, vendors, invitees, contractors, and all other person’s actions whatsoever who enter the PROPERTY during the rental period and hereby agrees to defend, indemnify and hold HOMEOWNERS, LUXJB and LUXJB’s employees and representatives from and against and injuries or damages associated with the PROPERTY except resulting from LUXJB’s gross negligence or willful misconduct.
- SUPERVISION OF CHILDREN: Adults shall be responsible for the actions of children under their care and control. The RENTER is solely responsible for the actions and supervision of any and all minors (under 18 years of age) at the PROPERTY.
- FIREARMS: No guns of any kind are permitted at the PROPERTY.
- INTERNET USE: The use of the Internet during the RENTER’s stay is the sole responsibility of the RENTER. The Internet must not be used for any illegal purpose. File sharing, or downloading copywritten material is strictly prohibited.
- CONFIDENTIALITY: LUXJB agrees to keep and retain in confidence all information and materials disclosed to or obtained by LUXJB concerning or relating to RENTER.
- GOVERNING LAW: This Agreement and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without regard to conflicts of law principles thereof.
- REMEDIES: In the event of any breach of the terms of this Agreement, including, but not limited to, RENTER unauthorized “holding over” or any acts proscribed herein, in addition to all other rights and remedies LUXJB may have at law, LUXJB shall have the option to demand and enforce that RENTER immediately vacate the PROPERTY. In such an instance, the Agreement will be terminated except those provisions that survive termination (which include all rights and remedies of LUXJB to retain the Rental Fee, Security Deposit and otherwise charge RENTER for any damages or violation of this Agreement), and LUXJB shall be entitled to otherwise recover all damages allowable by law. The RENTER, to the maximum extent allowable by law, hereby waives all claims for damages against LUXJB associated with any acts by LUXJB relating to the enforcement of its rights hereunder, including any re-entry and taking possession of PROPERTY, removing or storing property as herein provided, and will hold LUXJB and its agents and representatives harmless from and against all losses, costs and damages occasioned by any breach of this Agreement by RENTER, will not construe any re-entry on the PROPERTY to be a forcible entry as defined in California Code of Civil Procedure or other similar statutory provisions.
- ATTORNEYS FEES: If any legal action or proceeding is brought arising out of or related to this Agreement, the prevailing party in such action shall be entitled to receive from the other party, in addition to all other relief that may be granted, its reasonable attorneys’ fees, costs and expenses incurred in the action or proceeding.
- DISPUTES AND VENUE: RENTER agrees that RENTER will not file a dispute against LUXJB with the bank, credit card company, PayPal, or any other company and/or person that RENTER is using to make payments under this Agreement. RENTER authorizes LUXJB to charge RENTER’s credit card for any amounts due under any agreement with LUXJB; the cost of any additional services provided by LUXJB that are not contemplated by a signed agreement; and, costs incurred as a result of RENTER’s violation or breach of this and any agreement between RENTER and LUXJB. RENTER agrees that these charges include, but are not limited to, the cost to replace damaged items, charges related to unauthorized occupants or visitors and charges and penalties related to noise disturbances and exceeding maximum capacity at the PROPERTY. In the event of any dispute, RENTER’s security deposit will not be refunded.
RENTER understands that RENTER’s credit card information will be saved to file for future transactions on RENTER’s account. RENTER assumes full responsibility for all charges and agree to honor and abide by the terms of payment set forth in any agreement with LUXJB. All disputes or legal action resulting from any dispute arising out of this Agreement, which exceeds $10,000 in value, shall be submitted to binding arbitration in the County of Los Angeles, California before ADR Services, Inc. or a mutually agreeable arbitration service under expedited rules with each side to pay ½ of the arbitration fee (which may be recovered by the prevailing party against the other party at the conclusion of Arbitration). All disputes in amounts less than $10,000 shall be submitted to small claims court in the County of Los Angeles, California
- INDEMNIFICATION: RENTER hereby agrees to defend, indemnify and hold HOMEOWNERS, LUXJB and LUXJB’s employees, agents and representatives harmless from and against any and all claims, including those of third parties, arising out of or in any way related to RENTER’s use of PROPERTY or the items of personal PROPERTY provided therein, except as may be due to the gross negligence or willful misconduct of LUXJB. RENTER assumes all risk of injury or other losses relating to any recreational activities on the PROPERTY including use of the private swimming pool and Special Features and resulting from any guests or third parties visiting the PROPERTY.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: In the event that HOMEOWNER, LUXJB, or any of their agents or representatives are found liable for any breach or damages occasioned by this Agreement, RENTER agrees as a material condition of entering this Agreement, that the limit of liability against HOMEOWNER, LUXJB, or any of their agents or representatives shall be the amount of the Rental Fee charged and/or collected hereunder and, under no circumstance shall LUXJB be liable for damages exceeding the rental price, notwithstanding any claims for consequential damages, punitive damages or emotional distress damages. Accordingly, it is highly recommended and strongly encouraged that RENTER purchase travel and/or property damage insurance associated with its stay.
- HOLDOVER: Notwithstanding any provision to the contrary contained herein, RENTER has no right to retain possession of the PROPERTY or any part thereof beyond the expiration or earlier termination of this Agreement. If RENTER holdover beyond the date of termination of this Agreement, LUXJB shall be entitled to increase the amount chargeable to RENTER to one hundred fifty percent (150%) of the nightly rate applicable during the Rental Term, immediately preceding such expiration or earlier termination. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as a consent by LUXJB to any holding over by RENTER, and RENTER shall indemnify, defend and hold LUXJB, HOMEOWNERS harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, losses, damages, obligations, costs and expenses, including, without limitation, attorney’s fees incurred or suffered by LUXJB by reason of RENTER failure to surrender the PROPERTY on the expiration or earlier termination of this Agreement. No holdover shall be permitted without the written consent of LUXJB. Nothing in this Section shall limit LUXJB’s rights or remedies or be deemed consent to any holdover. If LUXJB is unable to deliver possession of the PROPERTY to a new RENTER or to perform improvements for a new RENTER as a result of RENTERS holdover, RENTER shall be liable for all resulting damages, including lost profits, incurred by LUXJB.
- MINIMUM AGE REQUIRMENT: RENTER must be at least twenty-five (25) years old to rent the PROPERTY and sign this Agreement. LUXJB reserves the right to immediately terminate the reservation with no refund upon determining that RENTER fails to comply with this requirement of the Agreement.
- OTHER TERMS, SEVERABILITY: If any part or parts of this Agreement shall be held unenforceable for any reason, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. If any provision of this Agreement is deemed invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, and if limiting such provision would make the provision valid, then such provision shall be deemed to be construed as so limited.
- BINDING EFFECT: The covenants and conditions contained in the Agreement shall apply to and bind the parties and the heirs, legal representatives, successors and permitted assigns of the parties.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This Agreement, the attached disclaimer, the credit card authorization form and house rules constitute the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes any prior understanding or representation of any kind preceding the date of this Agreement. There are no other promises, conditions, understandings or other agreements, whether oral or written, relating to the subject matter of this Agreement. This Agreement may only be modified in a writing signed by both LUXJB and RENTER.
- WAIVER: The failure of either party to enforce any provisions of this Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver or limitation of that party’s right to subsequently enforce and compel strict compliance with every provision of this Agreement. The acceptance of rent by LUXJB does not waive LUXJB’s right to enforce any provisions of this Agreement.
- SIGNATURES: Digital (via DOCUSIGN) and pdf signatures are deemed original signatures and constitute approval of the terms and conditions herein. Each person signing this Agreement represents and warrants that he or she is duly authorized and has legal capacity to execute and deliver this Agreement. Each party represents and warrants to the other that the execution and delivery of the Agreement and the performance of such party’s obligations hereunder have been duly authorized and that the Agreement is a valid and legal agreement binding on such party and enforceable in accordance with its terms.
This Disclaimer applies to RENTER, ALL OCCUPANTS and/or RENTER’s visitors, associates, vendors, contractors, and all other persons whatsoever who enter the PROPERTY during the rental period while RENTER is in control of the PROPERTY.
RENTER understands that HOMEOWNERS, LUXJB and LUXJB’s employees are not responsible for any personal injury caused by any conditions at the PROPERTY, including but not limited to, slipping on wet pavement and/or surfaces, and that RENTER is responsible for exercising care when surfaces are wet or slippery, whether man-made or naturally caused. Further, LUXJB is not responsible for any personal injury, loss, or damage to RENTERS’ PROPERTY caused directly or indirectly from foul, inclement weather conditions, Acts of God or nature, failure of heat, accidents related to fire, heaters, stoves, tenants’ failure to take adequate precautions around wet areas, or any unforeseeable circumstances. Under no circumstances will RENTER or RENTER’s associates, vendors, visitors, contractors, and all other persons whatsoever who enter the PROPERTY during the rental period, hold LUXJB responsible for any damages or claims of any kind resulting from their stay, except for intentional acts of harm. By confirming the reservation, RENTER is agreeing to the house rules and RENTER is agreeing that any scratches on the walls or furniture, tables etc. must be disclosed to LUXJB on the date of check-in. RENTER will check all furnishings in all rooms and verify that the furnishings are all in good condition without any holes, tears, scratches or damage. RENTER acknowledges that he/she has read, understands and agrees to the terms and conditions of this Agreement and the house rules contained herein and further acknowledges receipt of a completed copy hereof.
“I, the RENTER, have read, understand, agree to, and will abide by this rental agreement and all conditions stated herein. I further certify that I will perform in accordance with the directions and specifications of The City of Los Angeles, California, and that I will indemnify and hold harmless HOMEOWNERS, LUXJB and LUXJB’s employees for and from any loss, damage, expense, claims and costs of every nature. I shall be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising, including without limitation or economic damages or lost profits, from any breach of contract, tort or other wrong relating to the PROPERTY, administration or collection of the obligations or as a result of any transaction contemplated under this agreement or any other document. I further certify that the information provided is true and correct to the best of my knowledge and that I hold the authority to sign this and other contracts and agreements with LUXJB. I reviewed the PROPERTY and have advised LUXJB of any damages. I have read and accepted the above Terms.”